- Love and faith: ‘How well have I loved and trusted God over the year?’
- God is impassable
- Sin: The fall of Adam and Eve is an act of sedation. They basically told God, ‘I don’t need you’, and this is the heart of all sin.
- Baptism: Baptism is the undoing of the original sin of disobedience which happens because of Jesus’ sacrifice. We begin a new life of grace and the stain of original sin is washed away. Death is overturned and we are promised eternal life.
We die with Christ (what was), and we rise with Christ (what will be). Baptism is God’s most magnificent gift. Even if we are unappreciative and unworthy, we become worthy of an eternal inheritance.
God’s voice echoed throughout baptism, ‘I love you and you are mine. You are precious in my eyes. I will pour forth my holy spirit in you’.
- God as Giver: God is a generous giver.
Matthew 7:11 ‘If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!’
- God as Father: Acknowledge relationship with Heavenly Father by virtue of Baptism. God reveals Himself as Heavenly Father, and we are co-heirs to Christ.
- The woman, the giver: Woman give through reception and openness, through a welcoming environment in her heart. She welcomes the problems and crosses of others, even if she receives indifference and silence.
Luke 2:35 ‘And a sword will pierce even your own soul — to the end that thoughts from many hearts may be revealed’
Luke 2:19 ‘But Mary treasured all these things, pondering them in her heart.’
- Understanding God’s will: God sometimes calls us to start things but not to complete them. Maybe we’ll only understand the reason in the future.
- Feeling unworthy to write about God: All of us are only made worthy of God’s love because of His actions (Jesus death on the cross). It is about God, not us. Our lives grow into becoming more comfortable with being worthy of His love. Take baby steps and we will eventually get there. When we walk in the ocean initially, we are afraid, but soon enough, we will be swimming in it. If you spend a lifetime writing and it only touches one soul, then so be it. Just do the writing and let God do the conversions. God gave you a talent, do not bury it.
Matthew 25:29 ‘For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.’