Takeaways from a farewell dinner with a dear friend who is completing his Ph.D. and embarking on priesthood:
(1) the importance of a Marian devotion as a way to Jesus;
(2) when you ask God for direction, He’ll give you clear signals but you must exercise fortitude to follow His will;
(3) fast when discerning a decision as it makes you docile to the Holy Spirit’s promptings;
(4) a spiritual structure/ routine is non-negotiable;
(5) choices are often not made between good and evil, but between good and better;
(6) God uses each of us to benefit the whole. His priestly vocation is the fruit of many in our faith community. He’ll be missed and will be in our prayers!